As we mentioned last week, 90% of New Year’s Resolutions are dropped by January 19th. So instead of making resolutions here are some lifestyle changes for you to work on that will lead to better health!
Start with just one or give them all a try!
1. Drink half your weight in ounces of water each day. Many people are not getting adequate water intake and are chronically dehydrated which can lead to a number of health issues.
2. Start and end your day on a positive note. Instead of scrolling through your phone, do some journaling, read a book or listen to a podcast that will help you live a better life.
3. Spend 15 to 20 minutes each day stretching. This is a great stress reliever and if you work a more sedentary job, will help prevent injury to your spine.
4. Incorporate some exercise into your week. Research shows that even 3-4 30-minutes workouts a week have huge benefits. Whether you go to the gym, follow an exercise video, do some yoga or go for a run or walk, write it into your schedule each week.
5. Turn the negative into the positive. We have thousands of thoughts that go through our heads each day and if you tune in to them you will be surprised at how many of those thoughts are negative. Stay mindful and when you notice these thoughts creeping in focus on something you’re grateful for every day.
6. Start your day writing or visualizing three things you are grateful for. Being grateful has some amazing health benefits and will set the tone for your day.
7. Lastly, get adjusted. Chiropractic adjustments have been shown in research to reduce stress, increase overall sense of well-being and help with a number of health issues.
Instead of setting New Year’s resolutions create habits/lifestyle changes that will lead to a healthier you.
Here’s to 2022!